Garblog's Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Kaplan International Study: Grammar and Spelling Not Affected by Text Speak Claim English Learners

A new study by Kaplan International Colleges has found that 63% of English learners believe that using text speak does not have a negative impact on their spelling or grammar.
No comment, for now. I'm still thinking about the findings reported in this article from PRWeb and what they mean to education, language, and communication among diverse people across boundaries of age, communities, nations, work, and culture.

I know people who teach English to international students at Kaplan, but I haven't heard from them yet about this study. I wonder what they and their students think about it.

If blog readers would like to comment, please do!

_______
This article is featured today, April 29, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Style: Write Choices, available at the Editorial Style tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...