Garblog's Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My New Year's resolution is to be fearless with my creativity | Lauren Modery, CultureMap Austin

With the help of mentors and heroes, I've reached a point where I no longer second guess myself — I no longer ask if what I'm doing is good enough, right enough or best enough. Like a child untouched, I just do it. 
That's the main point of Modery's kick-in-the-butt start-of-the-new-year article. As I enter the third year of my semi-retirement from full-time work, considering the possibility of full-time retirement, I think Modery's resolution would be valuable--and inspiring--for me too.

Modery continues:
That means that what I create, whether it's a piece of art, words on a paper or any other project that strikes my fancy, is not always impressive, but I'm okay with that because half the battle is just getting myself to make it.
And Modery concludes (emphasis added):
I'm learning as I get older that the majority of people want to create, but their fears prevent them from doing so. Imagine all the incredible art that will never be introduced to this world! We can bemoan that we don't have the time or money, but I call hogwash! It strictly boil downs to self-doubt. 
In 2013, I vow to continue living my creative life to the fullest, and so should you. You only have one shot at this life. What do you have to lose?
________
Modery's article is featured today, Jan. 3, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Creativity Connections, available at the Creativity tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...