Garblog's Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Should Your Nonprofit Have a Pinterest Presence? | Marissa Wasseluk, NP Communicator

My curiosity got the best of me about six months ago, and I signed on to Pinterest. I had been reading about Pinterest and was curious what it was all about.

I wanted to find out if it could be interesting and even useful to me. And I wanted to find out how it might be useful to nonprofit organizations--aiding their communication with members, donors, clients, employees, volunteers and others.

I'm still testing Pinterest, sporadically. That is, I've created some boards there and pinned stuff to them of interest to me. But I haven't spent much time studying the boards of other Pinterest users and doing all the linking that's apparently a big deal for users.

So I was pleased to see Wasseluk's short article. She asks several key questions (and provides some commentary) for answering the larger question of the headline: "Should Your Nonprofit Have a Pinterest Presence?"

Here are the questions:
  1. Is your audience on Pinterest?
  2. Is your site or your content ‘pin-able’?
  3. Will you change your current communications plan to accommodate the Pinterest platform?
BTW, I just noticed that Wasseluk's article was originally posted at her New Media Marissa blog

If you're interested in seeing what I've done with my Pinterest experiment, here it is! So far, it focuses on my special interests of music, travel and reading (novels and books about writing). It also includes some incomplete boards on current events, citizen action and progressive politics. 
________
Wasseluk's article is featured today, Dec. 5, in my daily online paper, Garbl's Good Cause Communications--available at the Nonprofit Communications tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...