Garblog's Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rethinking Open Checkbook for Security Colossus - Scott Shane, NYTimes.com

After the coming election, I will insist that the president and my senators and representative in Congress rethink the "open checkbook" for national security.

Shane writes in this article:
[T]he next administration may face a decision: Has the time come to scale back security spending, eliminating the least productive programs? Or, with tumult in the Arab world and America still a prime target, would that be dangerous? Many security experts believe that a retrenchment is inevitable and justified.
______
This article is featured today (Oct. 24) in my daily newspaper, Footprints: Progressive Steps--available at the Progressive Politics tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...