Garblog's Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

7 Common Problems Solved by Owning Less | Joshua Becker, Becoming Minimalist

As my wife and I get closer to full retirement, we're downsizing, buying less stuff and getting rid of stuff--just trying to simplify our lives. So the suggestions in Becker's article are useful to me, but I think they're useful to anyone with the problems he describes.

Becker writes:
The intentional choice to live with fewer possessions has brought with it a great number of benefits. It has been the answer to much of the discontent we felt in our lives when we owned more. And the decision holds the potential to do the same for you.
Summarized, here are the problems:
  1. “I don’t have enough money / I’m in debt.”
  2. “There’s just not enough time in the day.”
  3. “There’s always so much cleaning to do / Even after I clean, my house feels cluttered.”
  4. “My house is too small / There’s never enough storage around here.”
  5. “I’m too stressed.”
  6. “I can’t decide what to wear / It’s so hard to keep up with the changing fashions.” 
  7. “I wish I had …”
___________
This article is featured today (Oct. 29) in my daily online paper, Garbl's Simple Dreams--available at the Simplicity tab above and by free email subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...