Garblog's Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

John Fogerty At Telluride Bluegrass 6/22/12 - No Depression Americana and Roots Music

YES! I can write I was there, and this article describes John Fogerty's wonderful set perfectly, though I feel I heard two hours (not 1 1/2 hours) of terrific Creedence Clearwater Revival and Fogerty solo tunes.

I was blown away, as was my wife and probably everyone else lucky enough to be there. 

I was mostly in my late teens when Fogerty & Co. released their biggest hits and excellent albums -- and this concert took me back there. I was on my feet the entire show, moving with my old dance steps as I sang quietly along, recalling nearly all the words.

If you liked CCR way back when and even Fogerty's later work, I encourage you to see and hear him when he comes to town. Or if you're new to his style of alt-country-rock music, check him out! He's *only* 67 (as I write this), and his roots music is true Americana.

---------
This article, from the online No Depression magazine, is featured in my daily Americana Songbook paper for (June 26) -- at the tab above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...