Garblog's Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Garbl's Writing Center: Free portal to writing resources 15 years old

My main website, Garbl's Writing Center, is 15 years old this year. Actually, one part of it is. In 1997, I launched a one-page website called Garbl's Online Writing Resources. My main goal in developing that site was to learn HTML and website development and management. And I figured back then: What better subject to feature than my love of writing! I still use HTML coding to maintain the site.

[Update: I deactivated Garbl's Online Writing Resources in April 2019 because I was no longer updating its web links. But the Garbl sites listed below are still active.]

Since 1997, I've added many more links and pages to the Writing Resources section, and I've added (and eliminated) other big sections to the website. What's New provides a history of my website. I don't work on the site as much as I used to do, though I try to check and update the Writing Resources links occasionally. I still use HTML coding to maintain the site.

And, as I've noted at the bottom of several section home pages (emphasis added): 
Whatever their acclaim and position, all writers need editors. I don't have one for Garbl's Writing Center, so if you spot a typo, unclear message or possible error, please let me know.
Here are other links to various free tools at Garbl's Writing Center:
And here's more About Me!


1 comment:

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...