Garblog's Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

My lesson for the day, sadly: Don't read this.

I get daily email alerts from Google on various topics. One of them is "writing for the Web." Today's alert had links to the three articles below.

And what disturbed me about all three is that each of them was nothing but a bunch of text, a bunch of text with no headings, no bullets, no highlighted words.

None of them said, "Read this" or "Read me." They all depended, I guess, on the incredibly provocative headline or the incredibly provocative name of the blogger or the incredibly provocative name of the blog.

Yeah, right.

All I felt like doing is to skim them, and that's all I did. But what did I get from doing that?

Absolutely nothing. Again, there was absolutely nothing in them to stop my eyes, to get me to even want to read any of it!

So I can't recommend these articles, sadly, I suppose. Why? Because I question the qualifications of the writer and his or her Web editor.

For useful advice for writing for the Web and other types of documents, check out Garbl's Plain English Writing Guide.


Web
3 new results for "writing for the Web"

Getting the Most Out of Writing For the Web | Sparks on the Ridge
Tips And Strategies For Writing On The Web Profitably Many online marketers find writing for the web one of the most grueling challenges they ever face. Many.
www.sparksontheridge.com/getting-the-most-out-of-writing-f...
Tactics To Make Writing For the Web Easier - Mary Mother of ...
Every Internet marketer understands that writing high-quality content for their online business is mandatory. This is something that most experienced online ...
www.marymotherofcaptivessupportgroup.org/tactics-to-make-...
Richard Vasquez Online | Getting the Most Out of Writing For the Web
Herpeset Writing for the web can take many forms, which is why it's essential to do adequate market research before you create your content. This way, you ...
richardvasquezonline.com/getting-the-most-out-of-writing-for...




This once a day Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...