Garblog's Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

She made Gotye somebody we all know | Patrick O'neil, Melbourne, Australia, Age

Maybe it's because I don't listen to Top 40 music or watch many music videos, but I have not heard the song or seen the video at this website. But I like 'em both! Might it be serendipity that I've seen and heard them now?

The lead singer in the video is an Australian who goes by the name Goyte. The song is now No. 1 on U.S. charts. The video is moving toward 200 million views on YouTube.

O'neil writes:
Sometimes you just know. Melbourne filmmaker Natasha Pincus felt that serendipity the first time she heard Gotye's now chart-topping hit "Somebody That I Used to Know."
''[The idea for the clip] came on the first listen. My heart dropped. I thought, this is going to be massive, this is an amazing song,'' Pincus said.
And later, he writes:
The singer has credited the clip for helping to make his song such a success. In what ultimately proved a brilliant stroke of luck, the video was leaked before Gotye intended to release it and went viral immediately.

''It was stolen out of our system. I guess it's always wanted to get out there. Within five minutes it was everywhere,'' Pincus says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...