Garblog's Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

'Inspiration is 80% Mental, 40% Physical': Your Secrets of Creativity | Jared Keller, The Atlantic

Keller begins:
I asked Atlantic readers to share how they come up with their best ideas. The feedback was excellent: readers shared responses long and short through our comment section and on our Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr pages. As we suspected, inspiration takes many forms, and everyone has their own particular process for spurring on creativity and inspiration. Below, a sampling of longer responses from our readers.
I especially liked one response that begins, "I am agog with the power of serendipity." The unattributed writer said:
It is one thing to be hit by serendipity and another to be ready for it. An open mind, a big reading list, and a curiosity about the world around me has, I think, put me in a position such that when those serendipitous moments come, I am at least partially prepared to be struck by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on my blog post--or ask me a question about writing!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...